A Long Time in a Nutshell

Holy cow. I am ridiculous. I don't know how I'm ever going to remember what happened in the last 2 months.  I actually wrote up a post a couple weeks ago, but apparently my draft was not saved :)

Lets see...things that happened in March:
I had two funerals for two amazing great grandpas. My great grandpas were so amazing.  Having the opportunity to reflect on their lives, their attitudes, their marriages, their work, their love for people was so amazing to me.  I hope I never forget the things I learned from them and about them.  I feel beyond lucky to still have great grandparents since I'm 18 years old.

I got to visit home once in March. I don't really remember it. It was probably fun.

I've also been having a lot of fun training for a half marathon.  Each week has been great to find new places to run and go farther than before.  It's crazy how my attitude about running has changed immensely since the first day I started to now.  There's definitely days I don't feel like running, but seeing the benefits of consistency and feeling the accomplishments of finishing long runs has been great.

School has been alright. I'm just not a good student I guess ;) I've really enjoyed my math class a lot this semester.  History and physics have been a little difficult!

So, in news, I'm not staying in Logan or going back to vernal this summer! I'm going to work for Jacob Lake Inn in Arizona and I'm so excited. It's great to know I have a new adventure coming and that I get to go somewhere I have never been before doing things I've never been able to. I'm sad that I'll miss my family, friends, farewells, and whatever else, but I'm definitely more happy and excited than anything else.

Conference weekend was good. I went up to grandma and grandpa Smith's Saturday night and hung out with family. We had fun and stayed up late and ate good food. So it can't get much better.

This last weekend (Easter) I got to go to Vernal! I got there Friday afternoon and just hung out with the family. Saturday I ran part of my 9 miles with my mom. It was so fun to run with her again and run the roads of Vernal! I went to breakfast with one of my best friends, ate ice cream with my mom, sat around, went long boarding and got ice-cream with another friend, and talked with my parents. Easter Sunday was nice. Church was really good, Easter dinner was the best, and I also got to talk to another friend for a little bit before I left.

I can't believe this semester is almost over, well the whole school year is almost over. It blows my mind! I thought with the end of the year, it would be fun to make a list of things I wish I knew, things I learned,  and share them with whoever reads this blog! So here goes!
So I typed up a list and my computer decided to delete it. So I don't have as good of an attitude about this project now, but I'll try I guess.

  • Asking "what's for dinner" was a horrible thing to do to my mom every day. Now that I do it to myself..
  • Putting apple pie filling on the top shelf makes a big mess when it falls. 
  • Be grateful for a job above minimum wage. Be grateful for a job (even minimum wage) in college.
  • Exercise so you only gain freshman 15 instead of freshman 45.
  • A clean room is easier to study in, but whether it's dirty or clean you can turn off the lights and go to sleep in it :)
  • Waking up at 4:45 to study every day works for a month or so. Then it gets old and it works out to just not study ;)
  • Eating ramen noodles is just as exciting as a fancy dinner when you get home from hours of work or school.
  • Most the things you bring to school end up sitting in the crap drawer all year. 
  • Roommates are fun.
  • Roommates suck.
  • Washing a pan is worth the 30 seconds before its dry and cool versus the 30 minutes of scrubbing later.
  • Food is worth the money.
  • Eating ice cream as many times as possible is necessary.
  • Running is the best therapy..not only does it allow me to think, it allows me to avoid people while still being socially acceptable. 
  • The most peaceful time of day is before the rest of the roommates wake up. The most fun part of the day is when all the roommates are up together :)
  • Being busy isn't bad. Sitting around isn't bad.
  • Boys drink a lot of milk.
  • Dating is overrated. ;)
  • Saying no is okay.
  • Saying yes is okay.
Well. I don't remember my whole list...but maybe I'll continue this! Here's some pictures to enjoy:
This face wouldn't even make daddy buy me a hat. 

New running shoes!

Went to some fun fires with fun friends. 

Word.

My future husband has returned! 

Brookie and I took boys to a dinner!

Chopped it off again. 

Jazz game with my Em!
We used to be little. 
Prettiest campus. Don't argue. 
Brooke and Kaylee and I. I will miss these girls. 
Vernal. <3
Priceless
Happy Easter

This boy had a birthday.. we are too cool.






Comments