Schools out for Summer

Well folks, it's been a while, but that isn't my choice! I live in the woods with no internet! :)

Lets see. Since I last wrote, I conquered finals week. I've finished my freshman year, and moved farther away from my home than ever before.

The last few weeks of school went well. I did a lot of fun end of the year activities with friends, got to visit family a little bit, passed with decent grades, and realized how much I loved Logan and my life there. I guess I'm one of those people who really doesn't love anything till it's over. I take a lot for granted which is hard sometimes.

I drove lots of hours from Vernal to Jacob Lake Arizona. It's been an adventure for sure. I live in a dorm with 28 girls. Each day I work 9+ hours. I work in the office so I do reservations, and basic office work. It's not bad.
The food is pretty good. It's nice to not have to decide what to eat or make it.
I've missed Cache Valley and Vernal and my friends and family a lot but I have made so many friends here and everyone feels kindof like family.
I've been able to read more books than I have in years. Sometimes I read a book in a day because I just read on my breaks. It's so fun.

Last night I had a realization. Coming here was so far out of my comfort zone, but when you leave your comfort zone, you just make your comfort zone grow. That was a good thing to think about because I am the kind of person that gets attached to situations, even if they are hard, but when I have to start over new, it can be really hard for me. But the larger my comfort zone becomes, the more things I can do and feel that peace that comes from feeling like I have a reason to be somewhere.

I don't have a good way of sharing photos on here, so if you want to see pictures of my life, go to instagram.com/aubreylisanne#

I'll try to write more later.

Love Aubrey

Comments

  1. Way to make your comfort zone larger. What a great lesson. Glad you're enjoying your summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment