Ode to the life of a student

I thought about actually writing an ode but that was just way too much work.
Lately I have been thinking about the aspects of being a student, especially an LDS one, and trying to figure out my life. 
School has been pretty good. I am taking the maximum amount of credits, which will hopefully be an advantage later. Right now I'm considering dropping out and living a gypsy life ways to make school feel easier but so far I'm just realizing that it is not procrastinating.  
I am working two jobs. I work at the ASSERT preschool for kids with autism. It is ABA (applied behavior analysis) based and I really enjoy it.  It is mentally tiring sometimes, but I get to be with some of the greatest kids on the planet. I also work as a tutor for a high school boy who is the funniest, nicest kid. I also teach violin once a week, so I guess you could say I have 2 and a half jobs. 
My easiest class is probably human development. I don't know. It's super awesome. Sometimes makes me want to switch my major to FCHD haha! 
My hardest class is by far ASL. I had the smart idea to take it online. Well that works really well if you set an hour a day aside for it. But I don't. 
I am also finishing up my application for the special ed program.  It is a pretty competitive program but I have hope and faith that I can do it. I've passed my assessments and I have the grades, scores, and experience level. So I'm finishing that up, and I should know by November what happens. 
There is also the daily question on whether or not I am leaving on a mission soon. Well, I know as much as you do, so take comfort in that. Also, even if I had decided on a mission, I probably wouldn't tell everyone till my papers were in. Or even until I got my call. Sorry. As of right now though, my current goal is to graduate from school and continue preparing myself for member missionary experiences, being worthy for temple attendance, and being active in the church. I also urge people to not assume people are or are not going on missions :) 
I also have been called to the relief society presidency in my ward. That has been busy and fun.
I also have started a diet. It's called eat whatever you want as long as you'll be happy/satisfied after you eat it. 
I was without a phone for a week and it was really hard in some ways and really easy in others. Good eye opener in both sides. 
Well. I have some interesting ideas to blog about but right now my head hurts. So I'll try to find some pictures and maybe someday post the humorous, snarky, inspiring blog posts that float around my head. 

Quote of the week from the boys apartment whose windows face mine. Yelling: "Um, we are still out of toilet paper!!!"

hikin

people ask me why I like cache valley....

One of many peach pictures you are about to experience


What's so great about logan?
I didn't want to share this because of it's hideousness but it makes me laugh

peach jam

throwback

bottled peaches

peach raspberry crisp

miss this place and these faces

again...it's a question whether to like cv or not?

Comments