Moved out!

So today I'm moving out. It's weird to say that. Or do that. But, it's too late to stay because all my stuff is in my car and I'm not moving it back into this house.
Well I decided to start this blog because I wanted to be able to share my adventures with people who care. And it might be a good thing to try to journal a little better. The title might seem weird, but it is from a quote by Thomas S. Monson. He said, "We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude."  One of the hardest things for me in my life is realizing that I have the power over myself to have happiness, peace, and contentment.  I can adjust the sails when the wind gets rough. So mostly the title of this blog is to remind me of that, but it is also because I want to try to keep the blog in a positive attitude. We'll see ;)

Anyway, so this morning we set off on our lovely journey. My daddy came with me in my car, my mom and the boys went a different way so they could get some school shopping done.  We had some great conversations in the car that helped the drive not be so bad.  I'm going to miss these talks with my dad. 

I like my apartment so far.  It's a little hot and smells interesting...but it could be worse. My mom helped me unpack everything (I have the best parents ever!) Everything fits just about perfectly. 
Here's my view from my bed. Because I'm too lazy to get up.
I'm really excited to meet my roommate. She isn't coming for another week though, so I'm going to be a little lonely. Tonight I went to Walmart with another roommate and it was actually pretty fun. I think I will have to live on ramen though. That's what I had for dinner around 9. I didn't think I was very hungry but that was the best ramen ever.  There's only two of us here tonight so it's really quiet. But relaxing.
Here's me and my pillowpet and my caterpillar my momma packed for me.
Well, that's about it. Tomorrow's plans are to find a job. And buy food. And have fun.


If you lasted this long reading, good job and good night.


Love, Aub

Comments