I'm an adult.

While my plan was to post every week, obviously I got sidetracked!!

The new semester has been going pretty well.  My classes aren't too horrible yet and I've been able to get things done despite minor disappointment and scheduling difficulties.

One thing I've learned so far is to be resilient when something doesn't go my way.  the basic story is that I completed intense training for a job, and it fell through. Of course afterwards I was devastated, but the more I've thought about it, the more I've been able to look at it from a different direction and see that maybe it wasn't as horrible as it seemed.

My mom came out for my birthday weekend.  We had a lot of fun.  We spent a day shopping, eating good food, seeing family, we went to church, had a photoshoot with my roommates, did yoga together, cleaned my kitchen, watched Mean Girls, and so much more. I have the best mom and nobody better argue with me. If you know her, I'm sure you want her to be your second mom ;)
She is so sweet and she lets me tell her every detail of my life at almost any moment of the day.  And..it's almost her birthday :) I wish I could visit her for hers too.

My roommates and friends were also so great on my birthday.  They decorated the apartment and drew on balloons and went to breakfast with me. So many of my friends remembered it was my birthday and I even got a poem written about me.  :)

I've been doing some of the fitness classes on campus. It is so much easier to work out when I'm not doing it alone. I've been wanting to get back into running but I'm scared now because a few weeks ago I fell on my face. Literally. I was running down the sidewalk. I caught myself...with my face on the ground. That was a very humbling walk back to campus, with blood dripping off my face hands and legs.  I haven't ran since...but I've been doing a lot of yoga and power toning and spin and it's been awesome!

I can't believe January is almost over. I swear someone turned up the speed of time because every day goes by a little faster. Maybe it's because I'm getting older ;)
I spent this afternoon making soup and cookies and overnight oatmeal. I'm trying to get back into the habit of eating healthier, but who am I kidding? ;)

Anyways, thanks for reading my blog! If anyone wants to set me up with a cute boy or send me money feel free ;) just kidding. Kindof :)
See that scab on my chin? That was when it looked good. :)

Uintah came to Logan!

We built a snowman! And went sledding!

Mom sleeping. At my house. 

Breakfast at the Crepery!

Assorted birthday pictures. You can see the white board and some decorations. 

A poem my friend tanner wrote for me. 

Happy Birthday to me!

Birthday running/yoga/life outfit. And shoes from my dear daddy. Who I love too. Not just my mom. :)

I know you wanted to see my soup.  
And my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  (They're healthy :)

And my chia overnight oatmeal. 

Me and Brookie.

Selfie!

Laughter is the best medicine. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ  Happy Birthday to the ground. If you want to watch a stupid youtube video today!  Don't watch the last minute. Too much stupidity.

<3 Aubrey

Comments