puppies, parents, plates, partying

This weekend was pretty fun.  My roommates moved out, so we had to clean the whole apartment (not fun) but then my family came up!

Even though the title may sound like it was all fun and games, we didn't do much! But it was really fun to spend time with the people who love me most!

On Friday my mom came to Logan. I showed her my apartment, she gave me some clothes. It was good. We went to Lewiston and visited Melissa and my mom did her family pictures. If you by chance are reading this and don't know my mom is the best photographer, go to her Facebook page Melinda Smith Photography. (I wish that was a paid advertisement.)

Later that night we went to my grandparents in Dayton. My dad showed up a little later because he had to drive from North Dakota. But I was so excited to see everyone and we had peach pie.

Saturday we all were lazy in the morning. We went and watched cousin Paige perform at the fair. We looked at the chickens and lambs and pigs and had a pretty good time.
My family all got their teeth cleaned.  That was extremely fun. ;)
My brothers did some school clothes shopping. Also so fun.
We went back up to Idaho and had navajo tacos (my grandpa has skills) and fry bread with sugar. Probably one of my favorite meals but it's way too easy to eat too much.

Sunday was a nice day. Church was good, especially being with family. After church we had the best gravy. We also had chicken and potatoes and zucchini and fruit salad. It was so delicious. We spent a little more time chatting and then headed to my apartment.

My dad gave me a blessing for the start of the school year. It is always amazing to see the Lord work through my father.

I miss the family already! But I will probably see them in a couple weeks.

Today I had some decorating fails. I don't know. Good intentions turned into great disasters. Maybe not. I'll probably leave them for now. Tell me what you think. Or don't. Haha.
Last year I had no desire to decorate my apartment at all. This year I have had some good ideas...but things are harder than I thought. We'll see. My roommate will be here on Sunday and she's an interior design major so hopefully that helps.

Random Facts...
Taylor Swift has changed her voice. And her clothes. And her music. Woo.
Shut up and run is the funniest blog I have ever read.
Walmart makes me sad.
Sometimes I like listening to Dave Ramsey better than all the radio stations.

Have a great week.  At this rate you might get another blog post this week. You know I'm bored if I write twice in 7 days.

Lewiston. My favorite thing to take pictures of. The sky. Outside. 

At DI I saw these plates. We had both kinds when I was little. 

It's been awhile. 


One decorating attempt. Crooked, too small, not sure. Hmm. 

In this family we practice squishing our noses up.  
I spy a deer. While I'm running. 

Another "decorating" attempt. Happy girls may be the prettiest.  But this mirror may not be. 

Enjoy it. 

One of my favorite moments this weekend. I just want one so bad. 




Comments

  1. I'll pay you for the advertising spot. ;) I like the plates. I can't read "prettiest" on the mirror... is it easier to read in real life? I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment