What am I Waiting For?

Do you ever have those times in your life where you feel as if you are becoming a lego tower? Like blocks are stacked higher and higher but there's only so high it can go? I feel like a lego tower lately, and I feel like this lego tower is skinny and one block wide...if you have never played with legos, this would be a very unstable tower.
Haha. Analogies aside, basically I kept thinking I should write a blog post but so many things had happened/were happening/would happen that I didn't want to approach the daunting task. So now I am at a point where I can't really even remember the events of the last while, and to be frank I don't really want to. But I realized that if I kept waiting for life to slow down, I would never write again. So yeah. what have I been waiting for?
This may seem vague and non-descriptive, but this has probably been one of the times in my life where I have felt more lost, confused, and alone, than ever before. I have also learned the most and changed the most. And even though I am frustrated with things, it is almost strange to me how easy it is getting to shove feelings aside and just tell myself it's "part of the plan."

With this summer ending, I have been considering how I would like to repair and refocus and what I would like to achieve this school year. Last night I was talking with a friend and we discussed the verses in D&C 23:
15 Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lieth in futurity, pertaining to the saints, which depends upon these things.
 16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
I underlined the parts that we discussed/the parts that stuck in my mind. First, there is much which lieth in futurity. I haven't really used the work futurity in my life but I really like it. It is good to remember that as we struggle through things (remember that these writings of Joseph Smith were written while he was in jail) that there are so many things ahead.
Second, that long part I underlined reminds me a lot of my first blog post. This post talks about President Monson's phrase "We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." Both of these are saying that we can't control the trials, amount of trials, or direction of trials, but we do have the option of using the wind to our advantage instead of trying to go against it. 
The end of our prophet's quote says For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude." That is pretty similar in my mind to what Joseph Smith says in verse 17. I like how it says then may we stand still. I find myself often coming to a problem and thinking, well, I guess I will just wait around for awhile till I know what to do. Apparently this is wrong :) 
Anyway, according to those verses and my goals from last year, I wanted to NOT set resolutions, but begin new mindsets in my life. So my mindsets for the next year are:
  • Remember that bad things don't last forever, and wasting my present time will not make any parts of my life better.
  • I have control over my actions. I don't have control over all of my trials. 
  • I can cheerfully do all things in my power, by choosing a happy attitude.
  • {Insert cliche goals here because I have a lot}
Anyway, I'm feeling pretty motivated to be a different person this year. Better, happier. I have the power.

I will put some pictures up that I have of what I've been doing. I might have to go back and tell some stories in later posts, but I feel like this is a good start to getting back into journaling/blogging.  Here are some main events from the past while:
-Bryce Canyon Half Marathon -Visiting Vernal -Moving back to Logan -Job hunting -Family reunion -Hanging out with friends -River rafting -Watching TV -Church and FHE -EPIC relay -running -sleeping -eating.
I realized I have not gotten very many pictures lately. Sorry. 

Chopped my hair. 

We reunited. 

I took my phone for a scary ride. 

My grandparents have a pretty front yard. 

Love these kids. 

Comments

  1. I know this has been a really hard time for you, but I'm proud of you for continuing to strive to see the good, and for realizing that it will all work out in the end. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment